Friday, June 16, 2006

Suicide

The author talks about Japanese suicide in "Japan to tackle high suicide rate" on BBC News. There are a lot of cases of suicide in Japan. This rate is one of the highest in MDCs (More Developed Countries). Therefore, Japanese government tries to reduce the rate. There are many causes of suicide, however, the government thought job stress and money worries are main factors of suicide and most serious problems, so they made companies to give mental health care for workers.

I agree with this author. Recently, I came to hear or see the word, "Suicide" frequently by TV news or newspaper. And suicide has been serious problem, especially industrialized countries. I think the people who live in MDCS has a lot of pressures of working and earning money to live, also. The pressure connects to suicide surely, so I agree with this author. However, I think the religion and citizen's characteristic is one of the most relative things to suicide as well. Almost Japanese people don't care about our religion, and I heard there are very few cases of suicide in Saudi Arabia. They believe in their religion, Islam strongly. Therefore, I thought the religion is related to suicide.

Hiroto

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home