Monday, April 16, 2007

Youtube and the copyright cops; safe...for now?

This article is written by Ken Fisher at online ars technica. Today, Youtube is used by many people in the world. Youtube is so interesting and convenience for us. But there are some TV clips or movie clips without authorization in the youtube. It’s bad for companies that make and sell movies or TV programs, because they can’t get money from youtube. If they want to remove the clips, they have to supply the youtube company with a legal notice of the infringement. However youtube can remove just merely identifying the infringing material. Even if many people watched the unauthorized material, they’re safe because they only host it.

-In my opinion-
I like Youtube and I often use them to watch Japanese movies or TV programs, because I can’t watch on TV in U.S. Now, they have some clips without authorization. I want to keep using them. But if Youtube company keep appearing clips without authorization on the website, maybe they will be charge by disgruntled copyright owners. I don’t want Youtube company to keep appearing and I want them to make website that be able to make everyone fun.




EAP1 Mia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home