Sunday, May 06, 2007

YouTube Survey Result

We are CESL students at SIUC in Carbondale. We study the news, and we decided to do a survey on YouTube . My group’s topic is to control about YouTube, so we wanted to know about should government control YouTube, the movie clips, and language. We wanted to ask Americans about YouTube. I handed out our surveys to eight Americans at student center in SIUC. They were nice to me when I handed out the surveys. While they answered the surveys, I thought they were not surprised the questions because I think they know what YouTube is. However, the survey had many questions. Thus, they seemed to answer hard and spent little long time. After I got the survey, I could understand what Americans think about YouTube.

Many males and females Americans (76%) have seen the movie clips on YouTube, and 62% of American people are interested in YouTube. However, many Americans (97 people of 197 people) try to find another site if they could not use YouTube free of charge. Thus, most Americans do not want government to control YouTube. Also, they do not believe site like YouTube should be illegal. Almost half of the Americans think YouTube itself should control the film clips. Older people (>30) are more likely to think it than younger people (18-30).

The survey explains about what Americans think about YouTube. I think because of free they want to use YouTube. Both males and females think almost same things about using YouTube, for example, they can enjoy to see the movie clips. After I knew the result, I was surprised because I think YouTube is not similar to Americans. However, they know and often use it. Even older people know and use YouTube. Also, the people do not want government to control the site. I could understand what American think about YouTube. Finally, I want to ask the people who work government about what they think about YouTube and do they want to control it.

Saori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home