Thursday, January 31, 2008

What is human right?(about living will)

I found this article from BBC. As you can see this article is about a living will. A living will is document in which you say what medical or legal decisions you want people to make for you if you become too ill to make these decisions yourself. It is directly related with euthanasia. However a living will is not an instrument of euthanasia. Living wills are a part of planning what to do in the event of serious illness or disability. Supporters of a living will argue that it's a patient's opinion and the patient's human right. Moreover it can help not only a doctor who is difficult to make decision whether medical treatment keep going or not but also patient's family. On the opposite side of living wills argue that it is contrary to humanity in addition it's difficult to imagine one's state of mind when they become seriously ill.

When I founded this article, one memory came to my mind. One of my friends was fallen in coma by car incident. He had nothing to do except breathed by medical machine. At that time I seriously thought about this issue. In my country’s case, a living will is illegal. So even if his injury is too serious to take care, doctor couldn’t stop medical treatment. In the end he dead because of heart attack. In my opinion, I’m support living will because it is also kind of human right too. May be there are many people who don’t agree with me. This issue has been a very controversial. So I’d like to talk about this issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home