Monday, September 05, 2011

chihiro uematsu

Author: Nanci Hellmich

Title of article: Sugary drinks add 300 calories a day to youth’ diets

Publication: 31.Aug.2011

Date of article: 4.Sep.2011

Short summary:

People aged 20 to 39 who drink sugary beverages take about 300 calories a day from them. The analysis says that half of American people drink sugary beverages on any given day. Rachel Johnson of American Heart Association says “Sugar-sweetened beverages are the NO.1 single source of calories in the American diet”.

Issue that I can find:

I agree that this is the big problem in the U.S. There are many vending machine without non-sugary beverages.

My opinion:

I knew that sugary beverages contain a lot of calories, however I was surprised about the amount. I do not really see people have sugary beverage while having meals. We should think beverages are one of the deserts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home