Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Future of the web

I read Web inventor warns of 'dark' net on BBC News. It was about the founder of the web, Tim Berners-Lee, speaking at a conference on the future of the web. He is afraid that the big companies will start charging for access to the web, so that only the rich could have certain information.

I was very interested in this article because I'm interested in the web and what people do with it. I agree with Mr. Berners-Lee, because I think that the web is an amazing place that has brought a lot of good changes to the world. One of the best changes is that many people can get information now, and can use it to develop themselves. For example, I think that the web is a great place to learn English. Now that good material is free, I'm sure some people are very upset, but it's much better for most of us, because we can find what we want without spending all our money.

-Tom L.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home