Thursday, August 31, 2006

In the article, "Sleep apnea in kids linked to brain damage," the author says "sleep apnea" is not good for children because it may have a bad influence on children's brain. It is very related to cognitive function in a brain like remembering, and learning. If a child has it, the child's verbal skills are worse than a normal child. However, some professor said it is not necessarily cause of the damage. Also, sleep apnea can be cured. A child who has sleep apnea keeps the windpipe open when he or she is sleeping.

I am interested by the news because I had never heard this disease before I read it, so I could learn new information. I think this information is necessary for parents who have young children. Since children cannot notice this disease, they are careful of their children’s sleeping styles when they are sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home