Monday, May 07, 2007

YouTube Survey Results

We are CESL student of Southern Illinois University Carbondale. In our class, NewsTalk, we studied YouTube we decided to do a survey of YouTube. We studied 3 part.(privacy, copyrights, control) And in my group (Hennah, Ai, Ryo, and Yasmeen), we discuss about privacy. We already have known that this matter is at issue in our society. However, we want to know more specific contents. Therefore, we gathered more information by asking people. First, we made many question about privacy and then we asked people. Our survey was performed at the students. I got 9 papers, I distributed them to people and I received them. As many people know the YouTube, there is a problem. Most people said to me YouTube is very popular website and it is useful. However, they worried about that their privacy expose without their permission.

After finishing survey, I found interest things from survey result.
Most Americans both male and female know YouTube and use it to see the movie. Particularly, men more use YouTube than women. About using cell phone camera, 76 percents of people have it. People who see the YouTube movie clip are 18 to 22. As 50 percent people agree/ disagree that law should not punish people who film you without your permission and people should be allowed to take any picture it is still controversy. Last many people said the government should control the languages that appears on YouTube.

I was surprised about the survey’s result because most people watch the YouTube. Particularly, I am interested in question about cell phone camera. 50 percents people do not care about someone who takes their pictures unconsciously. I once read article about cell phone camera in my country, the article shown me many Korean worry about it someone who takes their pictures unconsciously. So cell phone manufactures make cell phone camera when someone use cell phone camera to take picture produce a sound. It is true YouTube is good site for people. However, it can induce privacy violation; YouTube takes a measure to settle this problem.

By Hennah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home