Tuesday, September 11, 2007

15 ways stores trick you into spending

In this article, the author discusses about how stores trick consumers to buy more things that they may not want to buy. For example, "Items that aren't on sale are sometimes placed as though they are on sale, without using the word 'sale'" is a good trick because people always want to buy something cheap and if they are not careful when they are buying something, they probably think the thing that they are going to buy is cheap. However, the author also mentions 10 ways to fight those tricks.

In my life, I always buy something that I want but I don't need, and I've never thought about why. After I read this article, I found out about some tricks that I didn't know. Also, I realized that some stores use those tricks as much as possible. In this article, it also provides us some advice to fight back and those are very useful. But even though I have a shopping list, I always buy some extra things that are not on my list, because I have to fight with my desire and impulses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home