Monday, February 04, 2008

Stars put celebration ahead of strike

The title of my article is Stars put celebration ahead of strike

WGA(Writers Guild of America) has struck against "new media" (DVD, Internet TV...etc).They claim that they have the right to gain their portion which is from profits sold DVD or Internet TV, and they also state they will go on the strike until their demands accept. Owing to the strike that has continued for 3 months, Golden Globe Awards was cancelled. Moreover, Academy Awards could be cancelled. On the othe hand, SAG awards was held. This can be the only award to celebrate movies this year.

My opinion is that I do not think it is the best way solve the problem. Actually, they had claimed that for a long time and it has not been succeed in, but the strike would cause more damege not only them but other fields. I have never thought that a strike is usual. In Japan, we can hardly see a strike. I was also surprised that lots of people support WGA. I wonder they can take action because the public opinion help them. Anyway, I feel bored that those awards were cancelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home