Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mohammad Dashti's Final Project - "The Impact of Pop Culture on our society"

When you hear the word “Pop Culture” what’s the first thing that comes into your mind? Mostly music, television, and internet. But the truth is different. Pop Culture is attached to our life almost in everything, in how we dress, in what we eat , and even in what our children are watching. Technology and media are the best presenters of Pop Culture and they are the main controller of all its aspects.

When I first thought about the topic, I really wanted to know and to learn about the American opinion about pop culture and what is their point of view. So, I made my survey paper based on all the questions that I wanted answers for ,all the facts that I wanted to learn about, and all the opinions that I wanted to hear. Then, I went out to the Student Center, the Mall ,and Wal-Mart the supermarket to hand out my papers and to gather all the information. Almost all Americans think that Pop Culture is basically all about music, which is not true in our real life . I truly believe that pop culture have a very bad affect on our society especially on our children. Some people agreed with me in the survey, because of the media and what they are representing nowadays. Some people don’t think that pop culture is the main effector. They think that we are the reason, for example, parents are the main effector on their children not pop culture. Apparently people in America are becoming more attached to pop culture in eything, for example, fashion, music, traditions , and even beliefs. When I asked the a question that says “do you believe that pop culture is a demonic system that wants to control our life“, most of them said no, however 8 out of 30 shared my belief. A lot of the people said that we create our bad and good sides of things, and Pop Culture is truly not a bad thing to consider, that’s only our point of view, which I don’t agree with. In my opinion I think they are trying to control the world by posting a bad influence on us and our kids in order the affect the whole society.

In the end I think it was very interesting to share my thoughts with the American mind and to know what they really think about pop culture and how they are considering it. Who knows maybe there is a chance to save our world from those monsters, to make our planet a safe place for us and for our next generation.

Mohammad Dashti - EAP2 (B)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home