Tuesday, February 05, 2008

China waging 'war' against havoc caused by snow

My article is about the snow disaster in China. The title is China waging 'war' against havoc caused by snow. Recent days should be happy days because of the Chinese New Year, yet 14 provinces in China's central, southern and eastern regions have met the worst winter weather in 50 years--the snow disaster. This terrible disaster has affected at least 100 million people and has caused 60 deaths so far. An Egyptian meteorological official said this Monday that this disaster could be connected to air cyclone change and the La Nina phenomenon, the climatic opposite of El Nino. And till now more than 158,000 PLA troops and the Chinese People's Armed Police(PAP) and 303,000 paramilitary members have joined the anti-snow campaign. And the Jing-guang rail way has finally worked in normal and the 2 million stranded passengers have finally got on the train to home from Guangzhou Station. China's Premier Wen Jiabao has been to the stricken regions three times.
Such is the horrible effect due to the climate change

Today, I want to discuss if you were stranded in the stricken regions and your family were waiting for you to have the dinner for the new year, would you choose to go home in whatever ways or stay in the stricken regions celebrating the new year alone?
If you were the Premier of China, what would you do before, in and after the disaster?

In my opinion, I will go home in whatever ways, even walk to the unstricken areas. Because after one year's alone I want to meet my familly and I don't want to have the new year dinner without my parents. I miss my parents and so do they. If I were the Premier I would focus on the weather change and prevent the disaster and I would also go to the stricken regions to condole the affected people. And after the disaster I would set up a special office to deal with the affairs about the disaster.

The remembrance of the past is the teacher of the future. We should remember we have only ONE earth, we should protect our Mother!

*Declaration: The image in this article is from Tencent Website (http://www.qq.com). The copyright belongs to Tencent.

Posted by Pengfei Jiang Newstalk D Term 081

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home